I'm done with my 4 nights.
First 2 nights was terrible.
As theres no more beds available in the ward so all patients admitted were literally dumped in a&e.
So i had to deal with virtual ward patients. Means the respective discipline doctors came down to clerk the patients and we have to do the changes in a&e..Not included our a&e patients.
By the end of our shift the agency nurses and i was getting very loopy already. Started laughing at everything.
3rd night was relax so maligah called sheila, cora and me. Lecture started. Hahahaha.
Also did my first ever last office in the resus room. Patient collapsed and he was on the scary cardiac thumper.
I get to close his eyes. It was silent for a while in the resus room after getting a flat line.
So many drug calculations and dilutions to remember. GTN. Labetalol. Headache.
I learn about IV Acetylcysteine dilutions.
Night is the best time to ask colleagues to teach u..esp around 4 to 5 when things subsided.
Just now post night i had to attend teaching session with sis tan. Before that i had 3 hours to burn. And i cant go home. So i slacked at northpoint starbucks...very relaxing and nice at first and then it gets very stagnant and i was so so sleepy. I was so happy when hanis called and waste the time away.
Just 3 of us attended. Shima, andrew and me on multiple traumas.
Sister Tan is a very knowledgeable person. I really admire her for that.
I realised my bro didnt use his guitar. So i'm gonna get new strings fixed on his electric guitar at standardvalue. Maybe i'll learn a song or two.
Ok time to watch movies now =)