The Blabbering Post
The above title is what the whole stuff below this is about.
I'm trying to trace back how i got to know of my favourite bands. So i'm kinda thinking about it and listing it down now before i forget 10 years later.
I found out about
COLDPLAY from a compilation cd called NOW 'Thats what i call music!' 7. Haha.
The featured song was don't panic and i wondered its quite a weird song at 2:17 only. Its not my cuppa tea then. Then i listened to it again n again...It became my cuppa tea.
Its still my fav coldplay song.
Then, there was
THE CORRS. I happened to watch mtv asia's hitlist countdown or sumthin. The corrs' all the love in the world was at no.5. I was like..eh how come i never heard of them? I like andrea corr's voice. Also Shirley Manson's..And also Marilyn Manson's. Sidetracked.They sound fine. This was maybe quite the beginning of my 'crazy cd spree days' It was back in 2002 if i'm not wrong. So i bought their "Best Of" album.TRAVIS was featured in a compilation cd: The Modern Rock. The song was 'sing'. Aww..i love travis' jingly jangly airy guitars.I decided to give
LINKIN PARK a try, even though i barely knew about their hit 'crawling'
But somehow i can samar-samar remember, they have a song called in the end and its nice. So i just bought Hybrid Theory.
U2. Hmm..Oh my..i can't remember.. But i still remember i went to hmv with someone, i tink saihah, to buy their older albums cos they're not available at cd rama cwp. Hahah.semangat kebab.
RADIOHEAD as well. I remember thinking what weird music they make. But it grows on me and now they are one of my favourites..
Not forgetting my fav boyband back then, WESTLIFE. Yeah they were great. But i feel they should stop doing cover albums of love songs..really its getting a lil passe.
Theres more but i'm getting tired typing n i really forgot.